The six principles of Pilates are: concentration, control, center, flow, precision and breathing. Pilates uses these principles to help build flexibility, muscle strength, and endurance in the legs, abdominals, arms, hips, and back. It places focus on the spinal and pelvic alignment, breathing, this helps one to develop a strong core. If you can visualize a Corsette around the body, this is what we are trying to create naturally by strengthening and stretching different muscles.
Joseph Pilates, the creator of this incredible movement believed: “Physical fitness is the first requisite of happiness.”
Our interpretation of physical fitness is the attainment and maintenance of a uniformly developed body with a sound mind fully capable of naturally, easily, and satisfactorily performing our many and varied daily tasks with spontaneous zest and pleasure. Pilates allows us to achieve this.
At Core Fit Centre we believe that Yoga and Pilates form the perfect combination of building core strength and great posture. Yoga is seen as a ‘practice’ that offers workout elements focusing on mobility and mental focus and breath. Pilates is seen as a ‘workout’ technique that incorporates posture and breathing used with all exercise techniques. All exercises focuses on building strength down to the core layer as supposed to just primary muscle strength. We constantly strive for balance between strength and flexibility and to feel Centered.
- Builds strong and lean muscles (working to the deepest part of the muscle layer preventing a stocky look)
- Improves strength, flexibility, balance and co-ordination
- Body awareness and body control (mental core)
- Improves posture (no more round shoulders)
- Applying breathing and posture as a technique with all training methods ( running, weights, functional training etc. ) creating perfect form
- Injury prevention
- Reduces stress, relieves tension, and boosts energy through deep stretching
- Emotional stability
- Offers relief from back pain, joint stress and headaches
- Enhances mobility, agility and stamina
- Feel centered, strong, and look incredible
A Reformer bed is a piece of equipment used for Pilates training. It is a gliding bed with spring resistance that offers resistance and allows for really dynamic workouts with intricate technique. We have REFORMER Flexi cards, which allow you to book exclusively for these classes.
To us, taking care of you is priority number one. If you are brand new to exercise and depending on the severity of your injury, we would prefer you to start off with an assessment/private session and then advise from there as to whether you should join the group classes.
Booking is strongly advised, as we can’t guarantee you a spot otherwise. At the Core Fit Centre, quality is hugely important to us and to ensure we are able to attain the level of quality that we desire, we keep the classes small so that every person gets personal care and attention from our instructors.
Nothing is needed, we provide you with a mat and all the equipment needed.
Be comfortable and ready to work out and move. We request that guests wear socks whenever possible.
Booking a class is made easy with Mind Body Connect. Go to the login page on the Core Fit website, and create an account if you haven’t yet signed up with us; alternatively just log in. Once your account is set up, you will need to purchase some credit before you are able to book yourself into a class. Credit can be purchased through EFT, cash or using Snap Scan, and once credit has been loaded on to your account you will be able to make a booking.
- On the Register / Login page click on the “My Info” Tab or the Sign Up Button if you do not already have a MindBody Account.
- On this page, you may also Login using Facebook as indicated below.
- If you do not have an existing MindBody Account, you may register a new account by entering your details into the box indicated below and follow the instructions:
- If you are trying to register a new account and the system picks up that you are an existing client, it will prompt you to confirm your details by displaying: “if yes, click “this is this me?””
- If you don’t have an existing profile , please follow the prompts and complete the Mind Body registration.
- If you have credit loaded, you will now be able to book directly though this portal.
There is ample parking all around the Regent Building. If you do not find parking on Regent Road, try on Clarens, Kloof or Beach Road. The St.Johns Piazza and the Point Centre also have lots of parking and are only one block away in either direction.
- Once you are registered, you can also download the Mindbody Connect App by clicking here or by searching for it in your cellphone App store.
- Use the log in details you have set up during the MindBody registration process.
- Remember to ensure that you have received a verification email. If not, you may request to have this resent to you by clicking on More > then Settings > then Verification Email Send in the application.
- Please follow the Verfication process once you receive the email.
- You should be able to search for Core Fit Centre under the explore tab.
Should you run into any issues, please give us a call on 071-275-7454.
This is a system that gives you the flexibility to come whenever you like. You can book right up until 5 minutes before a class. The credit that is loaded on to a flexi card lasts for 6 months, from the date of payment. You are able to book for Pilates Mat, Yoga, Cardio Barre, Pilardio, Preggy Pilates and Boxercise with this Flexi card. Please remember that space is limited so booking is essential. We also have a strict 24hr Cancellation policy.
We offer DROP IN private sessions, Flexi-card of 5 private sessions, and set Monthly Contracts.
The private session Flexi-Card allows for five sessions, which can be used at any time over three months.
Monthly contracts allow for an allocated regular spot. ‘1 x week’ contracts offer 4 sessions for the month (1 session a week), ‘2 x week’ contracts offer 8 sessions for the month (2 sessions a week), and ‘3 x week’ contracts offer 12 sessions for the month (3 sessions a week).
For private sessions, invoices are sent out on the 25th of the month, and are to be paid on the 1st of the month for the following months sessions. Pre-cancelled classes must be made up WITHIN the month of contract. We have a strict 24hr Cancellation policy.
Yes, we have Core Fit Centre mineral water that you can purchase, as well as Core Fit Centre bottles which you can purchase which can then be filled up at the tap.
We have an ongoing sanitary pad collection happening at the Core Fit Centre. If you would like to assist further, then please email us and we will update you on the current program.